"The nurse was brilliant; however, the..."

About: York Hospital

The specialist nurse in the headache clinic was wonderful; approachable, knowledgeable and caring. She listened to me and treated me as an intelligent human being.

The consultant I saw hardly made eye contact with me throughout the entire consultation. She addressed all her questions to the piece of paper in front of her and expected me to reply to them almost monosyllabically. On the odd occassion that I tried to expand on an answer, she simply talked me down.

If I have to see a doctor at the migraine clinic again, I hope it will not be this one, who assumed that I had no understanding of my condition and treated me as a complete idiot.MigraineApproachableConsultantsDoctorsNursing staff

Response from York Hospital

Thank you very much for your comments. Our aim is to provide a high standard of service which reflects the needs of patients. Your feedback has been shared with the appropriate departments. In addition, you can contact our Patient Experience Team on 01904 725137 or e.mail patientexperienceteam@york.nhs.uk and we will investigate your concerns and report our findings back to you.