"A volunteer and a patient"

About: Lincoln County Hospital Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

I have been working as a volunteer at Lincoln General Hospital for nearly 20 years now. I really enjoy my current work as a volunteer at the day hospital in the Peter Hodgkinson Centre for people with mental health problems.

I work one day and my wife works another day, its a really friendly place, its great to meet up with lots of people from the ward.

Also I have had a stroke and they discovered a brain tumour for which I am having radiotherapy treatment in the Warrington Ward at the hospital. The treatment and the way I have been looked after has been first class so thanks to all the staff.

Thank you firstly for being a volunteer and secondly for your kind feedback - I am only sorry that it ahs taken us so long to leave a response - up until recently we didnt have a system and as part of introducing this we felt it important to go back through older posts too as there is always learning.