"After waiting 6mths in pain for this..."

About: The Royal Victoria Infirmary

The consultant having up to date records. The records they referred to throughout my consultation were from my previous GP (5 years ago).

Discuss my health issues face to face - I waited for approx 10 mins as they sorted out 'problems with the computer' as they put it.

Delay getting into a telephone conversation and wait until they had concluded my conslutation. Instead I was ushered out by a Nurse.

I have written to Newcastle Health Authority and have yet to received an acknowledgement from them.

However, my treatment has moved on - which I believe was a result of suggestions and complaints I made personally in my letter.

Response from The Royal Victoria Infirmary

The Trust is extremely sorry that your experience of our services was not wholly positive. As an organisation we strive for excellence at all times and on this occasion it appears we failed to meet your very reasonable expectations.

The specific points you raise have been discussed with the team responsible for your care and appropriate changes addressed with them. They too extend their apologies for your experience when visiting their Department. We are grateful for your feedback and for the opportunity this provides to improve the services we offer.