"It doesn't get better for me than this,..."

About: The Royal London Hospital For Integrated Medicine

When i was first referred to this hosptial i was bedbound & on death's door after 44 yrs of neglect & intimidation by other NHS (i was born ill) . They built me up with mainly homeopathic treatments, vitamins, minerals & some herbal remedies, as i was absorbing nothing from food & couldn't tolerate any drugs other than the antidepressants i so desperately needed, I was taken into the hospital for a week, to rest as i had noone at home in a position to take care of me. I felt that they really cared about me & were doing their very best to get me well & answer all my questions & help me with my own research into my condtions. I was booked in for reflexology which was very helpful & had a great impact on my wellbeing. After 16 years of treatment i have definitely improved although mainly housebound but i am so much more comfortable than ever before. More recently as i have improved i have been offered more choices with my treatment ie drugs as well as treatments already mentioned. I actually prefer to take the natural route as it suits my conditions much better than most drugs that i have tried.

I recommend this hospital to anyone who has an environmental health problem or chronically ill people. There is a very good atmosphere at this hospital ~ they take people's health & wellbeing very seriously & i can't thank them enough for the wonderful help & support they have given me over the years, i hope it will continue as i don't know what i'd do without my doctor there & the great nursing staff.

There should be more hospitals like this one!!

Response from The Royal London Hospital For Integrated Medicine

RLHIM staff aim to provide a world class integrated medicine service. We are very pleased that treatment has improved key aspects of your life that have previously suffered.

Response from Housebound forum

Hi, Its refreshing to see you have had such a good experience. I completly agree with you regarding medications, I prefer not to take them if possible as the side effects can often be worse than what your actually treating. My husband is housebound as he suffers from agoraphobia and we recently developed a forum for people to chat to others in a similar situation. We have recently been recognised by the NHS and now listed on their website. We often found that people don't always understand unless thy have been through a similar thing themselves and have found the forum to be such a great support and it helps with my husbands isolation. It is great that you are getting better, even if still housebound at least you are seeing some improvement. Take Care - houseboundforums.com