About: Sandwell General Hospital

My main concern were my Aunt is still staying is a member of staff, My family who visit have all voiced our concerns. She is miserable and very short in her comments to elderly people who don.t understand. I watched her with a patient an elderly lady with dementia, and all she did was tell her to sit and be quiet, the lady was very agitated and upset and instead of talking to her and try to take her mind off whatever was bothering her. Surely thats her job? clearly she could.nt be bothered. Her overall manner is not what is expected for a hospital where people need 24 hour care. The other staff on the Wingfield are I have to say really lovely.

Response from Sandwell General Hospital

I am sorry to read of your concerns about a member of staff. however, Sandwell Hospita does not include an area called Wingfield so I wonder if you are commenting on the right hospital? If you are referring to Sandwell I would like to look into your concerns. Please email me at johnadler@nhs.net or telephone 0121 507 4847. Thank you. John Adler, Chief Executive, Sandwell and west Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust.