"Overall perhaps 7/10 - with very little..."
About: Kidderminster Treatment Centre - Acute Trust Kidderminster Treatment Centre - Acute Trust Kidderminster DY11 6RJ
Posted by RobS2
What I liked
Polite and friendly staff. The Nurses were excellent.
Reasonable waiting times at all stages.
Numbered cards for blood test queue.
Ample comfortable seating.
Fresh and clean accommodation.
No problem parking - although I had to pay!
Pretty comprehensive information pack sent out - but see improvements below.
Speedy (next working day), response to my call chasing feedback.
What could be improved
* Needs an explanation of how the various test results will be pulled together and fed back.
* An estimate of the duration of the stay - to help assess how much parking time to pay for.
* Add XRay to the schedule - it came as a surprise and wasn't explained.
* It would be helpful if the operator talked through what was being looked at and the result, rather than silence and a typed report in an envelope.
* A queueing system - like blood tests? Nurse had to ask who had waited longest - fortunately not many there!
* The doctor performing the procedure was taciturn - did little to explain what would happen and made no enquiries about how I was feeling/coping with it. No feedback to say what was going on or the outcome. Needs "bedside manner" training.
* I had to chase the feedback report. The secretary explained they were "backlogged" and was unable to indicate a timeframe. Surprise when the report came through to my GP next day.
* 2 telephone calls made - 8 minutes with no answer and 5 minutes before an answering machine. A quick answering machine with the rapid callback would have been much better.
Having not been to a hospital in 40 years I was perhaps understandably a little anxious. My GP is excellent and discusses fully all treatments and tests - I expected the same from other Health Professionals. I was left feeling uninvolved, and a little angry. Subsequent chasers for feedback were unsatisfactory. As a result I felt uncomfortable with the competence of the department.