"It has totally changed the way I feel"

About: Ashley House / Substance Misuse Service

I have been coming to Ashley house in Widness for over a year now for alcoholism. My key worker recommended I try VIDA which is all about alternate therapies.

It has totally changed the way I feel, I go there three times a week for various treatments including massage and reflexology.

It relaxes me so much and has helped me stay so calm, it's working wonders for my recovery

Response from Philip Gibson, Team Manager, Community Drugs Team

Thank You for your posting.

The type of therapies offered by VIDA are known to be helpful to people who are trying to address alcohol or drug problems and we will continue to encourage and promote this service to all those in treatment at Ashley House.We are also now offering the same therapies to the carers of our service users which I know from comments made directly to myself are resulting in the same type of benefits for them as you are having.

Keep up the good work with your recovery.

Response from Tracy Williams, Holistic Therapist, Vida Holistic Living

We at Vida are pleased to hear our therapies are helping you on your road to recovery. All the therapies we offer are known to help with anxiety, sleep and stress and can have a positive effect on sense of wellbeing. We hope you continue on your road to recovery.