"I would like more things to do"

About: Rehabilitation Centre for patients at Wells Road

I think that there should be better rehabilitation for patients at Wells Road Centre on Thurland ward. I like to get out and about but some patients don't. I would like if there were more things to do on and off the ward. If I miss out on an activity, I don't want to wait a long time before I can do other things. I would like more incentives to find understanding for patients and more days when we can go out and do things.

I think that more resources are needed and more staff. I would go out everyday if I could. There should also be a walking group at weekends.

It was interesting to read your comments about the services you are receiving and your ideas for improvements.I will pass on your comments to the staff and ask them if they would like to reply in more detail to your suggestions.

As you recognised in your comment, everyone has different needs and interests, we are trying to accommodate as many of these interests as possible within our current staffing.

We are committed to providing 25 hours of meaningful activity for each person every week.

On the 8th November we put into place improved individual activity timetables. Your keyworker or Occupational Therapist will be able to explain the available choices to you in more detail. They will also be happy to take comments about what you feel is missing. These comments are fed into the Therapeutic and Activities meeting, where timetables and activity is reviewed.

We will take your suggestion about walking groups at weekends to our next meeting.

Thank you for your comments.

Lorraine Lockley