"Smoking area at Thurland Ward"

I would like a fenced area in which smoke to smoke as all the patients wants to smoke and it should be opened all the time.

That way, Thurland ward will be same as other wards on the site.

Smoking helps me with stress. I think if patients cant smoke, they become frustrated and agitated. Thank you for looking into this.

Thank you for your opinion. I will pass on your posting to staff on the ward and ask them if they would like to reply to your comments.

Many thanks again.

Response from Involvement Team , Involvement & Experience, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Whilst we appreciate your views on smoking and we recognise people can feel stressed when they cannot smoke when they want, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust promotes a smoke free environment as the health benefits are significant.

With the development of the Well’s Road Centre, Thurland ward will have it’s own secure fenced area, as the other wards currently do.

We will be asking your views on how you feel you would like these areas to be utilised. Our recent patient 'Safe Space' event discussed these issues and we have gathered a lot of ideas, which will feed into the development of the site and the services we offer.

Andy Latham