"Treated with respect and overall a very..."

About: Bristol Royal Infirmary

My appointments were with the BHI both pre-assessment and day case angiogram. On both days I was treated with respect and found the staff courteous anhd well informed. My appointments were carried out on time and efficiently with me being kept informed at all stages despite my natural anixety and fear of the unknown. The facilities werte modern, clean, warm and well ventilated.

The waiting area in the Day Case unit could have more seating as people were required to initially stand on arrival until patients were moved through to the unit. Maybe the day I went was extra busy.

Whilst to be expected of an inner city hospital parking was non-existant however the "drop off and collectiuon areas" were shared with ambulances causing some confusion as to whether the driver was in the correct area. Maybe two of the bays could be designated "drop off" and not ambulance bays?

Response from Bristol Royal Infirmary

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the care you received at our Hospital: we are glad you had a good experience with us. Following your suggestion, we have re-arranged the seating in the atrium and have managed to fit five more chairs in, and we are looking at how we can increase this further.

As a city-centre hospital parking is a real challenge, but we will look into your suggestion about better signage and if it is possible we will do this.