"Was referred to DMH A&E by my GP who..."

About: Darlington Memorial Hospital

Was referred to DMH A&E by my GP who thought I needed immediate attention. Waited in A&E from 17:50 until 21:15 when a nurse came and said the doctor was reffering me to Durham the day after. He didnt even have the decnecy to examine me or even look at me!!! Thankfully nothing serious was found when I visited Durham the day after. How many other patients have been sent away without examination so a Breech does not occur and how many have made it to the next day!

Im totally disgusted with my treatment.

A doctor who can be bothered to examine a patient in case he/she does have something wrong!!

Thankfully Durham hospital was a breath of fresh air. Quick proffesional service and I fealt as though I was cared about.

Response from Darlington Memorial Hospital

Thank you for highlighting your experiences of A&E at Darlington Memorial Hospital. The matron apologises that the level of care you received on this occasion fell short of your expectations.

All concerns are carefully monitored by each department within the hospital in order to ensure timely actions are put in place, to improve negative experiences of patients.