"I am amazed that your website boasts no..."

About: Grantham & District Hospital

I am amazed that your website boasts no cases of MRSA in the past 12 weeks. I have a relative who has recently been an in-patient for several weeks and as a result of MRSA is now an amputee.

I believe the information on your website needs updating and should be accurate.

Cleanliness and hygiene has clearly been an issue. When visiting on one occasion there were dirty cleaning wipes on the floor of the room

Would avoid Grantham Hospital in the future

I am very sorry that your experience of the cleaning standards at Grantham were so poor and also sorry that as my response is so long after you posted this I cannot track back against the website. We have just in recent months agreed our systems for reading and responding to stories here and are tracking back through older postings too - hence my late response.

I sadly cannot comment on your relatives situation but am very sorry he had to have such radical surgery. Clearly over recent years there has been a greater emphasis both nationally and locally on the standards of cleanliness and hospitals in particular are subject to stringent inspections because of incidents such as you described where patients were at risk of contracting a hospital acquired infection. Please be assured that we follow strict regulations and monitoring and Grantham whilst having its challenges being an older building performs well against these indicators.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, please be assured that even after all this time it is still being listened to; and again please accept m apologies.