"The car parking situation at Wansbeck..."

About: Wansbeck Hospital

The car parking situation at Wansbeck hospital needs reviewing urgently. I recently took my mother for an annual review at the outpatients dept and drove round for 20 minutes trying to get parked making us late for the appointment. I ended up parking on grass at the furthest possible point from outpatients as there was not a single parking space to be found and had to walk my 88 year old mother the whole way across the site. please can something be done to make parking at the hospital easier?

Response from Wansbeck Hospital

I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you had in parking and I am sorry to hear that your 88 year old mother had such a long walk to the Hospital. Please be aware that there are drop off bays outside of the Hospital and these can be used for about 20 minutes which I hope would give you sufficient time to take your mother into Outpatients and then have time to go and park the car. Car parking is always a difficult issue to get sorted satisfactorily but we do have Security Officers who are employed to patrol the car parks to ensure the traffic can function smoothly.