"I don't worry about coming to hospital"

About: Royal Manchester Children's Hospital

I've been here loads of times. I'm 12.

It's always interesting coming here because you get to see other children. The doctors and nurses are ok. Sometimes I need an emergency injection, last time the doctor was late. Some of the nurses are really good, and some are not so good. The nurses didn't come last time I needed my dressing changed.

The waiting room could be better if it had more girly things for me to do. I don't worry about coming to hospital, I'm very brave and confident!

Most of the nurses were really good in Ward 77 but in Ward 76 there wasn't enough nurses.

Response from Tessa Davis, RMCH Patient Opinion Project Lead, Royal Manchester Children's Hospital We are preparing to make a change

Thank you for your comments.

I took your comments to a recent meeting of the Ambulatory Care Directorate (these are the people who manage Outpatients). The hospital is keen to provide entertainment for young people of all ages in Outpatients - if you have any specific suggestions for girly things then I can take it back to them at the next meeting (please post them back on here).

Sorry you have had some problems with waiting around for doctors and nurses. We do our best to treat the sickest patients first and cannot always get to everyone as promptly as we would like. We are trying to improve on ths as clinical care is the hospital's top priority.

Thanks.