"No entertainment for teenagers"

About: Royal Manchester Children's Hospital

I am 15 years old and have come to children's outpatients at RMCH today.

It would be great if there was something for teenagers to do while we are waiting - most of the toys are for little kids. Maybe there could be a computer area?

Also, last time I was 10 minutes later for my appointment and had to wait for 2 hours to be seen which doesn't seem fair!

Response from Tessa Davis, RMCH Patient Opinion Project Lead, Royal Manchester Children's Hospital We are preparing to make a change

Thanks for your comments.

I took your comments to a recent meeting of the Ambulatory Care Directorate (these are the people who manage Outpatients). The hospital is keen to take suggestions on board to try and improve entertainment for teenagers. Unfortunately we don't have a space to have a computer area and the Directorate feels that we wouldn't be able to make the computers just for teenagers so it may be taken up by younger children anyway! However I am going to be meeting with the Play Specialists to try to come up with some other practical ideas. Do you have any other ideas for this? Please post back on here if you do...

Sorry you had such a long wait last time. You won't have been waiting just because you were late but possibly the whole clinic was running later that day. We are trying our best to keep the waiting times as short as possible and are continually looking at ways to improve this.

Thanks again.