"i was admiited initally to the A&E dept..."

About: Royal Oldham Hospital

i was admiited initally to the A&E dept on the 22-10-10 although i remember little of this my wife later told me that the care and dedication all the staff played in my initial care was fantastic, later transfered to the MAU dept once again the care by all members of staff was incredible i was then finally transfered to the excellent, excellent care of all doctors , nurses and hca's on ward t5 were i stayed for two more days . the job all these people do on a day to day basis is nothing short of fantastic and i would like to take this oppurtunity to say a great big heart felt thank you to all concerned at this hospital.

In a day and age were the goverment are looking to make cuts, let me say that hospitals like this one many others around the country deserve more money and support and not cutbacks .

My only thing i could comment on is all the smokers and discarded cigarette ends near to the front doule electric doors , an inspection on this outside area more often would benefit as it makes the hospital look untidy.

Response from Royal Oldham Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to forward your comments about the care you received at the Royal Oldham Hospital. We always strive to offer the very best care to every patient and are pleased to hear that you felt this was achieved during your stay.

We will ensure that your comments are passed onto the relevant departments involved in your care and we will look into your other observations.