About: Northwick Park Hospital

1. The behaviour of some of the nursing staff. Particular individuals upset me because of their refusal to change sheets that, due to my condition, were soiled. The comment was "do it yourself". How is one expected to respond to such a comment when one is ill and shivering with a high temperature and a rampant infection, and when one can barely get out of bed?

There were other such incidents that I am too upset to re-count. I felt I could not complain because that would likely make their behaviour towards me worse and as someone who was severly ill and weakened, that would have caused me more stress.

2. The ward was dirty. The walls were dirty, the chairs were dirty. My home is cleaner than this hospital environment.

The hospital really needs to address the attitude and behaviour of some of it's staff. I felt humiliated and dis-respected.

Response from Northwick Park Hospital

I was sorry to learn that your care at the Trust caused you concern and distress and that the nurses displayed a poor and unhelpful attitude towards you. We would like to investigate the issues you have raised, and if you write to Ms Fiona Wise, Chief Executive, Northwick Park Hospital, Watford Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 3 UJ, we will ensure that a formal investigation is imitated and appropriate action taken.