"Well done to the NHS in Rotherham"

About: Northern General Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics Rotherham Hospital / Urology Rotherham PCT / Continence service Rotherham PCT / District nursing

I had to go to Rotherham Hospital in Dec 2009 with an enlarged prostate and I was fitted with a catheter which I still have.

The continence prescription service is excellent. I order things one day and they deliver usually the next day. Also, the district nurse comes to change my catheter every 12 weeks.

I have had quite a few hospital admission in the last 12 years as I am diabetic and I have had 6 toes amputated. One in Rotherham Hospital and the rest in Northern general.

I was treated very well in both. Since my operation, I have had many follow up appointments. The diabetic centre and the service which I am using now is excellent. Also, I have been going to the Orthotic Dept at R.D.G, who have supplied me with special boots and shoes to help me.

So all in all, its well done to the NHS.

Response from Grace Oldfield, Patient Involvement Manager, Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Glad683, thank you for sharing your story on Patient Opinion.

It is good to know that you are happy with the services you have received from our Continence Prescription Service and Diabetes Centre. I will pass on your kind comments to the staff concerned.

Best wishes.