"Most of the staff on f1 were really nice..."

About: Royal Oldham Hospital

Most of the staff on f1 were really nice, and caring especially the sister. The doctors on the ward were caring but sometimes rushed.

I was admitted to F1 or an operation witch went well but unfortunately suffered some complications afterwards , i was discharged after 9 days and ended up re admitted the following day, on my 2nd discharged i was promised i would be referred to another consultant and I would receive an appointment for 2 weeks time along with an appointment to see my current consultant in 10 days time. after 7 days i hadn’t received any letters so I decided to phone the hospital, after speaking to several different departments I was told I hadn’t even been referred to any consultant and there was nothing they could do, they suggested I went back to see my GP. i am now at home in the same pain as I was discharged in with no follow up appointment booked, and now wondering how I can get enough money together to pay for some medical care. I am really upset and distressed about my current health.

i really hope nobody ever recieves the same treatment as me.

Response from Royal Oldham Hospital

We are very sorry to hear about your experiences during your discharge from the Royal Oldham Hospital. We understand that this must be a distressing time for you and are keen to discuss this further with you. Please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison service on 0161 627 8678, who will be able to discuss your concerns and try to resolve the issues.