"Cuts in Mental Health Provision"

About: Rotherham, Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust / Inpatient mental health care

I don't agree with the person complimenting all things Great Oaks on Patient Opinion - it's certainly not the same place I recognise! I would like to ask where the 11million RDASH receives from the PCT in North Lincolnshire is being spent? We are seeing cuts in inpatient services and a payment by results re-organisation of community services. In my opinion, the sooner people are given their own budgets to pay for their own social care and make their own choices the better - bring it on.

Response from Nick Arkle, Patient Engagement/ Psychosocial Interventions Lead, Rotherham Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust

Dear dobbin, Thank you for taking the time to post your opinion. If you have any concerns regarding any service you receive from RDaSH I would invite you to discuss this with the lead professional or care co-ordinator who you meet with, or to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) who may be able to help. PALS can be contacted at: 0800 015 4334 or pals@rdash.nhs.uk I shall forward your question regarding the money received from the PCT to an appropriate manager to offer a further response. Yours Sincerely, Nick

Response from Rotherham Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear dobbin,

We are sorry that you don’t feel that your experience of using the services at Great Oaks has been positive, however the views posted by Nature165 are about their own experiences. We appreciate all feedback about our services and use it to improve the care that we offer. We are currently working on an action plan that we have developed with a local service user involvement group to improve the quality of services in North Lincolnshire.

With regards to the mental health budget, NHS North Lincolnshire is currently consulting on two proposals. The first is for the modernisation of North Lincolnshire mental health services and the second is about the commissioning strategy for mental health services in North Lincolnshire. Any feedback that you can give to either, or both, processes would be invaluable.

Yours Sincerely,

Wendy Fisher

Deputy Assistant Director

Adult Community Services (North Lincolnshire)

Rotherham Doncaster and South Humber Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust