About: Stepping Hill Hospital Stepping Hill Hospital Stockport SK2 7JE
Posted by Anonymous
What I liked
What could be improved
* Blood on floor and toilet in maternity assessment unit
* denied pain relief except gas & air even tho i was told by aesthetic nurse i was aloud it
* left waiting to be assessed for 2 hours despite unit being empty
* told i had to be more quiet in the mau in maternity as i was screaming too loud !!
* another midwife walking in to watch my birth without permission
* not offered food or drink until the day after my baby was born although i was persuaded to breastfeed
* had 2 clean another woman's blood from shower cubicle, after telling doc bout it twice, asked for towels and was given dirty ones!!
* was left without pillows for 4 hours midwife said there was no clean ones so i had to do without -- after my birth !!
* midwife was hurting me examining my tear even tho i told the midwife 2 stop they wouldnt..
* was left on my own, in another room away from my baby and partner 2 hours after giving birth 2 be stitched which i waited 3 hours to happen finally after i left the hospital i started to get sorer than i was initially and felt like something was stuck inside me also every time i went to the loo i would smell a horrible rotting smell which i was told was completely normal by SH staff then horrifyingly around four weeks after giving birth went 2 the loo where i passed a black blood soaked cotton swab !! -- which had obviously been there since being stitched,,,, now 9 weeks later i have an infection which is having 2 be treated with antibiotics !! it is appalling
complain if u have too dont let somebody else go thru wat u did !!