"I arrived at the LRI Delivery Suite on..."

About: Royal Lancaster Infirmary

I arrived at the LRI Delivery Suite on the morning of 5th October 2010. At the time I was experiencing extreme labour pains but as it was my first child I was not aware just how far advanced my labour was. I was met by a midwife. She showed me into a room were she quickly assessed me and then guided me through the final stages of labour. My daughter was born only a couple of hours later. The midwife never left my side and thanks to her the "damage" was minimal. Both me and my boyfriend would like to express our sincere thanks to her and the whole team.

Unfortunately I then had to have surgery for a manual removal of the placenta. The procedure was fully explained to me and while this was done very swiftly, every member of the team took the time to introduce themselves and go through their role. Again I would like to express my thanks to every one involved.

I cannot recommend the hospital more highly. I am very thankful for all the me and my daughter received.

Thanks to everyone!

Response from Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Thank you for your kind comments. We will pass your message onto the teams at RLI involved in your care.

We place great value in the fact that local people continue to choose our hospitals and we openly encourage patients and visitors to give us their feedback. This will enable us to continually improve the services we offer and the experience our patients have whilst in our hospitals.

If you would like to be kept informed about developments at our hospitals, then please take a moment to sign up as a public member, you can do so via our website: http://www.mbht.nhs.uk/trust/how-to-become-a-member/