"I was admitted with abdominal pains in..."

About: Luton & Dunstable Hospital

I was admitted with abdominal pains in early pregnancy. Thank you to the A&E department and to ward 34. I was really impressed with how quick I was seen to and how polite all the staff were, throughout my three day stay. I was kept well informed about my situation and options each day. A particular thank you to the doctor who really knows his stuff about ectopic pregnancies and didnt put me through any unnecessary surgery. And now I am able to look forward to the arrival of my baby next year.

The food. I was one of three patients who were on a wheat free diet. Although the nurses did try to order a wheat free option, the kitchens failed to deliver. Very limted choice and not very nice.

Response from Luton & Dunstable Hospital

The experience of our patients is paramount and thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. Your kind comments have been passed to A&E and Ward 34.

With regard to the dietary requirements, we have passed your comment to the Catering department. They always try to meet patients' requirements and need to be aware when these are not met.