"Having entered the hospital with a..."

About: Luton & Dunstable Hospital

Having entered the hospital with a suspected TIA [ minor stroke] I was attended to with utmost attention and made to feel at ease given that I was in a state of shock at being advised of my medical situation.

After all the initial tests I was told to go home and that I would be contacted to attend the hospital within the next few days for tests.

I was contacted the following morning and given an appointment to attend the stroke clinic. On attending this section of the hospital the treatment was exceptional from the reception,nursing and consultant.I was made to feel relaxed the information given was precise and helpful.The tests carried out were again precise and the staff in X ray and ultrasound very attentive.

I cannot praise the staff enough both for attention and organisation.

Nothing

Not at this stage

Response from Luton & Dunstable Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to comment following what must have been very stressful time for you - we have passed your kind comments on to the Stroke team and the Imaging department. The L&D Stroke Unit is a pioneering service which offers Thrombolysis treament 24 hours every day and has a daily TIA clinic. However, we are not complacent and look at ways to improve our patients' expereince on an ongoing basis.