"I was admitted to the QE2 following a..."

About: Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital (Welwyn Garden City)

I was admitted to the QE2 following a Midwife appointment and it was discovered that I was suffering from severe Pre Eclampsia. I spent a total of three weeks in there and my Daughter was born by emergency C-Section three and a half weeks early. Throughout my stay I was treated well by all staff. They work extremely hard to provide the best service they can given the lack of staffing and resources. I was very ill during my stay, and sometimes I had to use the call button but this was not a problem for the nurses who were always helpful and attentive. I spent time in A&E, Maternity Delivery Suite, Peartree and Sandridge wards and my Daughter was in Special Care for three days. We were treated well in each department. I would also like to mention the cleaning staff who take pride in their work and maintain a high standard of cleanliness.

Nothing.

I would like to thank all involved in my care and that of my Daughter's. We owe you a huge debt of gratitude. Without you our story may have been a lot different.

Response from Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital

At the time of writing this response, we know that our midwifery and neonatal teams at the QEII have alreday been told about your comments - which we feel they will appreciate very much indeed. All that remains, therefore, is to wish you and your daughter all the very best for the future.