"Continence patient support group up and running"

About: Rotherham PCT / Continence service

Last week (7th Sept 2010) we had our second meeting at the Brentwood Hotel and it was once again a great success.

At this time we made ground rules for the group including confidentiality, which must be at the forefront of anyone's mind who is attending. I make this known in my first statement because I hope to to alleviate any fears of any other patients who may wish to attend but were put off because of this.

The meeting was very informative and the prescription service had invited a skin-care specialist to answer any questions we may have had, and we also had some product providers to answer anything about how your prescriptions were delivered and of course the man from the NHS to talk to us about how our prescription service could be bettered in the future.

There were other issues but it would take me all day to type them in, but one thing I can tell you is that at the next meeting we are going to vote ourselves a chairperson and a vice chairperson - but this does not mean that we are going to turn into a militant busybody group that shouts at the NHS for any reason.

So if there is any continence patient who wishes to have a say or would like to talk to others like themselves, please ask when you call for your prescription. We need to hear from you!

Response from Grace Oldfield, Patient Involvement Manager, Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Dear waterboy, thank you for sharing your experiences of the group.

I hope it will encourage other continence patients/carers to join.

With best wishes,