"I highly recommend Tameside General Hospital"

About: Tameside General Hospital / General surgery Tameside General Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I went into Tameside General Hospital, Ward 16 in 2008 for a planned bowel operation which turned out to be quite complicated and was in for 5 and a half weeks. The surgeon and his doctors were just the best I could have had and was very professional in all they did for me.

The nursing staff were of the highest quality and I found no reason to complain of my treatment or any of the other patients. They took their time and great care to ensure I was fully aware of my treatment and just why I was being given it, even though more nurses were needed.

Last year, under the care of Mr Obeid on Ward 5, I had a revision of my left knee which has been most successful. Again, all of the highest order and I must add the care and treatment was much better than I received in private hospital a few years ago.

I highly recommend the hospital and would not hesitate to go in at any time. I also recommend the care of the nurses.

Response from Philip Dylak, Director of Nursing, Tameside Hospital Foundation Trust

Thank you for posting these kind and very positive comments about care you received at Tameside Hospital. I will ensure that your comments are brought to the attention of the orthopaedic and surgical staff. I hope you are now feeling much improved.