"I attended this hospital as a birthing..."

About: St Mary's Hospital (Manchester)

I attended this hospital as a birthing partner for my sister. The staff on the delivery unit were excellent and very dedicated to their job.

Nothing - on the delivery unit

I visited my sister after she had her baby on Ward 66 with some relatives. I appreciate that the number of visitors per bed has to be limited, but her 15 month old son was classed as 1 visitor!! I cannot belive that a modern "state of the art" hospital has no facilities for ecxess visitors - i.e waiting rooms, chairs!

We were told that we had to wait outside the ward on the corridor. This then became a very busy place as there were other visitors out here too.

I dont suppose the woman that have just give birth or are being transported to the delivery suite appreciate haords of people staring at them while thay are being transported round the hospital.

At least at the old hospiatl there was waiting areas with chairs.

Just feel that the new hospital has lost its perosnal touch - this has no refelection on the staff.

Also sign posts are vey confusing!!

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Thanks for taking the time to write. We will pass on your thoughts to the ward as the staff always appreciate feedback.