"There are lot of well meaning nurses but..."

About: Royal Derby Hospital

There are lot of well meaning nurses but my experience was one of chaos with lack of continuity of patient care, with little handover between departments and services that left family frustrated in relation to the care that my father should have received. The communication between all the various services that I encountered was appalling and the way that my father was told of his terminal illness was heartless and shouldn’t have been allowed to happen.

The building is new and was clean, however it’s unfortunately not a clean building that my father needed it was medical care and attention and there were shortcomings in providing this.

Not a hospital I nor any of my family would look to return to and we would all opt to go elsewhere should the occasion arise.

Response from Royal Derby Hospital

Thank you for your comments. Please accept our apologies for you and your family’s recent experience. This is clearly not satisfactory and we would like to look in to a number of issues that you have raised. To enable us to do this can you please contact Kerry Pape, Assistant Director of Nursing (Patient Experience), on 01332 787095 or our PALs department on freephone 0800 7837691.

J.Roberts, Communications