"Partial treatment from dentist, second appointment needed"

About: Milton Keynes PCT

I have received two minor treatments this week.

The first one required me to book a visit covered by my private health insurance in a private clinic. It needs me the following steps:

1) Go to the clinic and find the right consultant in the list. Book an appointment;

2) The clinic required me to visit my GB and get a referral letter for the consultant;

3) The GP quickly visited me and said that the letter would have been sent directly to the clinic.

4) Finally got the visit.

Total of my time spent for the whole process 3 hours and 50 minutes.

The second one required me to book a visit to the dentist.

1) Appointment booked.

2) The dentist visited me and in less than five minutes, she said that I needed a minor refilling to two teeth decayed and cleaning. She wanted to give me a second appointment for the whole treatment.

3) Once I complained and insisted to have at least my teeth cleaned, with some reluctance she cleaned my teeth.

Total spent for the partial treatment 13 min. with the dentist and 55 min. for getting the treatment.

My health has been excellent so far but I confess to be very concerned for the quality the NHS provides. I have found it difficult to have access to my personal health record and even more difficult to have access to a consultant.