"The secretary rang my husband and told him I was rude"

About: Queen's Medical Centre / Clinical haematology Queen's Medical Centre / Diabetic medicine

The doctor was concerned that my husband might have diabetes, so he was referred to Queen's Medical Centre and went for an appointment at the diabetes clinic.

The doctor who saw my husband was fine. He said we'd need to go to the blood service so my husband could give a blood and urine sample.

The samples were supposed to be sent to our GP, but something went wrong and they were mislabelled and lost. I checked with the GP, who told me to contact the doctor.

When I rang their secretary to ask what happened, the secretary said I was being rude. I really wasn't. The same secretary then rang my husband and told him I was rude. I am upset about this as I expected them to be more helpful.

We're now waiting to hear what will happen next. We've been told the information, about another appointment for more samples to be taken, but it hasn't arrived yet. How are his samples lost?

I am pleased to have been able to share my story. It feels good to be able to share this experience with others.

Response from Helen Limb, Patient and Public Involvement Manager, NHS Rushcliffe Clinical Commissioning Group

Thank you for taking the time to give details of your concern.

I am sorry to hear that your experiece has not been a good one.

I would be grateful if you could contact me - Helen.limb@nottspct.nhs.uk as I will need some more details to be able to investigate this further for you.

I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Regards