"I was treated on the John Radcliffe ..."

About: John Radcliffe Hospital

I was treated on the John Radcliffe Hospital Medical Assessment Unit for severe pneumonia. I had a lot of tests and X-rays, and every member of staff treated me with kindness and dignity, which I really appreciated as I felt extremely unwell at the time.

The consultant was very reassuring, and the medical students were respectful: I felt that my feelings were always taken into consideration.

It is a bit weird when a porter wheels you around backwards!

From seeing my GP to having a proper diagnosis and treatment only took a few hours, in spite of the number of tests they had to carry out to be sure what treatment I needed.

Response from John Radcliffe Hospital

The Oxford University Hospital NHS Trust is currently reviewing historic comments placed on NHS Choices and we note you made a comment in 2010 which was not responded to. The Trust takes both positive and negative feedback recieved from patients, or their families, seriously and, whenever possible, we use any learning gained to improve the service we provide. Should you wish to contact the Trust regarding this comment or any other service you have received since, please do not hesitate to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service on palsjr@ouh.nhs.uk or telephone 01865 221473.