"I had an MRI scan on my heart ..."

About: Royal Brompton Hospital

I had an MRI scan on my heart at Royal Brompton. I was really dreading it because I suffer from claustrophobia and hate the idea of being in a confined space. When I explained my fears to the staff they were brilliant - they explained exactly what would happen and told me that if it all got too much I could press a button and it could be stopped. They played music during the scan which took my mind off things and they also told me exactly what was happening at each stage which was really helpful. Everyone seemed very professional and kind and I didn't feel like a fool for being scared!

It would have been nice to be able to park but I understand that this is difficult at London hospitals.

Response from Royal Brompton Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback and for your comments about our MRI team. We are very pleased to hear that you felt reassured and informed during your scan. Staff are always very happy to hear positive comments about their work so we will make sure those involved are made aware of your views. Thank you once again.