"I was a patient visiting gynaecology ..."

About: Salford Royal

I was a patient visiting gynaecology for an investigative procedure. The whole department was pleasant and the staff were lovely. I was very nervous and they completely put me at ease explaining clearly what was happening, and chatting and joking with me to keep me smiling. Aftercare advise was also excellent.

The waiting area and corridors were a little dark, making it seem a bit of an imposing place. The waiting area was cosy - bordering on the small and it felt crowded. I found this to be a little intrusive in an area of such sensitivity.

Response from Salford Royal

Thank you for such positive comments which I will pass on to the department. I will also highlight your thoughts on the corridors and waiting areas so these may be taken into account for any future developments.

I am sorry that your comment has not been acknowledged by us until now. From now on, we are committed to responding to all comments within 7 days of your posts. We recognise the importance of such feedback in improving services and welcome any comments.