"I visited Barnet A&E department ..."

About: Barnet Hospital

I visited Barnet A&E department and was very happy with nurses and doctors that treated me. Of course being in A&E meant there was some waiting time but I was first seen by a nurse within one of hour of registering. They were very considerate and helpful; also their honesty about the waiting time was accurate which was great. (Waiting time was 2-3 hours).

I was seen by the doctor after 2 1/2 hours waiting. They treated me with dignity and respect, this was a relief as the reason I was in A&E was quite a sensitive and embarrassing area of my body. The nurse that was in the room was very nice and put me at ease as I was feeling quite embarrassed.

The nurse that gave me my prescription medicine explained how I should to take the meds very cleary and it felt like they genuinely cared. I asked a few questions which they answered with ease and wasn't like he was rushing me or trying to speed things up.

Waiting is inevitable in any A&E department but I would recommend the A&E department at Barnet Hospital, they do a great job.

A TV to occupy you when waiting would have been nice but its not a necessity and difficult probably for the NHS to justify.

Response from Barnet Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your positive experience. We will ensure your praise is conveyed to the staff.