"i was unfortunate enought to have ..."

About: Torbay Hospital

i was unfortunate enought to have to attend a&e in november whilst suffering a miscarriage as a result of my first pregnancy. i was taken in by ambulance, and left on a trolley for an hour, covered in my own blood, not given any information on how long i would be waiting to be seen, and wasn't even advised that i could go to the toilet, or even where it was! i ended up attending the same place twice for my pain, but think it would have been much less had i just stayed at home. after the intial trauma, i was given an appointment a week later to see how i was getting on at the early pregnancy unit.

the treatment i received here could not have been better! the staff were very friendly, helpful and understanding and even rang the jobcentre for us, to say that we could not attend our appointment for the afternoon! if only the a&e staff had been half as accommodating, i wouldn't much have minded the reason i was there.

Response from Torbay Hospital

We were very sorry to read about Amy Reed’s experience of our A&E department but pleased that her care in the early pregnancy unit was of a high standard. We would welcome an opportunity to talk to her about her time in A&E and would ask her to contact us through our Patient Advice and Liaison Service. Please see under Patient Support on this website or at http://www.sdhct.nhs.uk/aboutUs/services/PALS/.