"A&E doctor was brilliant, ..."

About: Manor Hospital

A&E doctor was brilliant, treated me quickly

Everything else, a wait on a trolley in A&E for 4 hours! Eventually moved to Ward 14, at 12.30am, I had my son-in-law with me, who was appauled by the lack of attention given by the nursing staff. After moving from A&E, the chair I was taken in had no drip stand, and we had to hold it. It was left on my lap by the nurse, but not cut off. Air bubbles had formed in the tube, and my son-in-law had to hang the saline drip bag on a coat hanger after waiting 40 mins for the nurse to come. Also in the night they moved me to Ward 11, and there nothing was done until the morning shift came on.

Generally the level of concern and interest about me was minimal, and only happened when other people were on the ward. The TV in our bay did not work properly, and despite complaints from everyone who came on the ward, nothing was done.

Response from Manor Hospital

I’m very disappointed by the account of your experience of using our services. I would advise you to contact our patient liaison service on 01922 656463 who can look into your individual case and the care you received. Thank you for posting your comment, your feedback is very important to us.

Sarah Smith