"I had no trouble getting through ..."

About: Western Eye Hospital

I had no trouble getting through to confirm my operation and they were efficient and friendly. Excellent treatment from nurses to doctors and consultants throughout. Couldn't have asked for more and a model of what the NHS stands for. That goes for all the nurses of all grades and admin staff I had contact with; they don't have the glamorous jobs but are just as important.

A bit shabby as befits its age, and some of the equipment was broken, needing some improvisation, but I would rather have excellent treatment in shabby surroundings by dedicated professionals than poor treatment in a state of the art facility by people who don't really care. One thing that didn't bother me but might others was that patient personal details and treatments were discussed with the patient out in public in the earshot of other patients.

My thanks to everyone involved in my treatment. It was worth the 18 month wait and 200 mile journey. It really doesn't matter that it could do with a lick of paint, some running repairs, and new furniture, those are just appearances. If you are interested in appearances go somewhere else. If you want your eye fixed by the best come here.

Response from Western Eye Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you had excellent care from our staff and take on board your comments about general improvements.