"I have just returned home from ..."

About: Westmorland General Hospital

I have just returned home from an overnight stay on Ward 7 due to having an operation. From when I first arrived there the staff were very helpful, polite and attentive which put me at ease. Everything was explained so that I was fully aware of what would happen before, during and after my operation. Nothing was too much trouble.

Both day and night staff never stopped working and were always dealing with either a problem or a patient, and everybody seemed to receive the same level of care whatever their needs. Food was good, hot and tasty, and the tea trolley was brought round regularly. The theatre staff were first class, and as I had a spinal anaesthetic I was kept calm and informed throughout my operation. Physio staff were also good and explained and showed me how to walk correctly and safely before leaving me to my own devices!!

I have stayed in another local hospital for a similar operation a few years ago, and the care I received there wasn’t a patch on the dedication and professionalism of the staff at Westmorland General...Keep up the excellent work..

Can't think of anything...

Keep up the excellent work...

Response from Westmorland General Hospital

Many thanks for taking the time to post these kind comments. We regularly review comments on this website and pass them to the departments concerned.