"They seemed very knowledgeable ..."

They seemed very knowledgeable about the procedure I need.

My first appointment was moved and I was not notified until I arrived at the hospital for my appointment.I was then told by the consultant on two occasions that the wait list for braces was 6 months. After waiting nearly 6 months I called to see where I was. After being told twice my call would be returned and wasn't. I am told they are only just fitting braces on people from 2006!and my wait would be years not months.

Why misinform patients?I even double check I feel although I've wasted 6 months and am now left to arrange private treatment.

Response from Birmingham Dental Hospital

I am very sorrt that your calls have not been returned. It is likely that your experience was as a result of an unplanned clinic change that occurred. When this happens staff work hard to contact all patients to advise them of the change but it is not always possible to speak to all patients which can lead to the situation you describe. To review why you were not informed when your appointment had been cancelled it is necessary to know your name, address, and date of birth. Your experience of long waiting times also needs to be looked into to be able to give you a response, and in order to do this, we will require your name / details. Please contact Derrick Defaye, PALS Officer via our Freephone number 0800 917 2855 to give this information to enable us to look into and respond to your concerns. Thank you.