"Went to A&E Sat 6th Feb ..."

About: Good Hope Hospital

Went to A&E Sat 6th Feb late afternoon, waited less than 10 minutes after giving information to be seen by nurse. Swiftly followed by xrays and various surgeons, it was decided I had a Gynae problem and was admitted to ward 2 and in a bed within 5 hours of entering hospital.

Excellent treatment and care despite the fact they were very busy and understaffed in A&E.

A&E were very understaffed although my treatment and care were 2nd to none.More staff needed.

However when admitted food was terrible, I could not eat it appears the caterers have changed for a temp amount of time...but the food was being returned uneaten, judging by the waste collected. The topic of conversation on the ward was the poor quality of the food when paitients met in scanning and X ray etc... Just palatable would have been good.

Care Excellent...Food ....Poor

Admitted to ward 2 on a Sat and scanned by an on duty consultant Sunday afternoon, CAT scan on the Monday and now awaiting a date for my operation. Excellent care by all on Ward 2.

Food in the hospital, just making it palatable would help considerably.

Response from Good Hope Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and we apologise the catering was not to your taste. We are currently rennovating our kitchens and using an external NHS catering supplier for meals whilst this takes place. We plan that our own kitchen will reopen in a matter of weeks. In the meantime, however, we have passed your feedback onto our catering supplier to ensure these issues are addressed as a matter of urgency.