"Once I had taken a ticket, the ..."

Once I had taken a ticket, the queue moved fairly well and I was seen quickly.

The standard of care and the treatment options available. It was a bad decision on my part to come to this hospital. I will never come back.

I had to attend the dental hospital as I had a very large abcess above one of my teeth and was in a considerable amount of pain from the swelling.

After an x-ray I was told that there was no other option but to remove the tooth. Obviously I did not like that option very much and asked if there was any other option. I was told no, and that was the treatment.

I said that I would go to my usual dentist and ask their opinion.

As it turns out, it was a relatively simple procedure that involved some root canal treatment and a filling. My tooth is now fine, and I do not have a hole like the person at the dental hospital wanted to do to me.

My dentist was very concerned about the advice I had been given as in their words "any dentist in the country could have saved that tooth".

They were also very concerned as to why I wasnt even prescribed any antibiotics for the swelling.

I can only say that I am very annoyed at the fact private health care is still so much better than NHS.

Response from Birmingham Dental Hospital

I am sorry that you were not happy with the advice you were given at Birmingham Dental Hospital. Your feedback is important to us, however it is not possible to make any comment on an individual case without reviewing the medical records and speaking with the clinician involved. In order to allow us to look into the concerns you raised further and to understand the full context of the conversation please contact Alison Last, Head of Patient Experience on 0121 442 3311 or alternatively you may wish to email Alison.last@sbpct.nhs.uk