"The orthodontists and nurses were ..."

The orthodontists and nurses were lovely. They made sure i was very well informed about my choices and put me at ease. They were very knowledgable but did not patronise me. The clinical photographer was great too. I cannot fault their service.

The administration of appointments. It took me two years from first requesting an appointment to get in there because despite on 3 seperate occasions confirming my address, they still sent it to the wrong one. Once i was there, they twice sent me appointments that were incorrect. I have had to cancel appointments but they were not communicated to the nurses or orthodontists and they thought i had just not turned up. I think it is their terrible case management and booking computer system that really lets them down. I had to attend about 6 or 7 appointments before we even got started with my braces and i think this could have been better planned so that it was all done in a couple of visits. That said i would still rate the hospital very highly.

Response from Birmingham Dental Hospital

Thank you for your feedback and for the positive comments you have made even though you have found the appointment system unacceptable and mistakes were made with correspondence. I am delighted to advise you that changes have recently been made to the administration of appointments and a new information system put into place, and we are hopeful that this will help to improve patients' experience.