"The staff were very efficient, ..."

The staff were very efficient, I contacted the hospital outside of usual emergency clinic hours (early to mid morning) and explained my situation. I was given an open appointment in the early afternoon, and told that it would be fitted in between the appointment slots when possible. I was seen after 30-40 minutes, the doctor was professional and explained the causes and solutions to my problem, along with other possible signs to look out for.

The primary care area is made up of 3/4 height cubicles, giving a good level of privacy. However you still overhear patients and doctors in adjacent areas, with the usual protestations from children going to the dentist being quite audible. The waiting area was clean and tidy.

Response from Birmingham Dental Hospital

Thank you for your feedback, and we are delighted that the service you received was of a high standard.

Whilst we do appreciate that noise travels between cubicles because of the layout and design of the treatment area, the design allows for dental students to be supervised in the course of their work whilst retaining privacy and dignity for patients. I do hope that the voices of nearby dentists and patients did not spoil your positive experience of the Dental Hospital.