"the staff were very polite and ..."

About: Doddington Community Hospital

the staff were very polite and friendly. All of our family have been treated at this hospital at some time and on every occasion had first class service. I myself was so impressed that I wanted to do something to help if I could. I joined the "Friends of Doddington Hospital", March branch, over 3 years ago as a volunteer to help raise money for badly needed equipment to keep this hospital running. It is the best thing I have done in recent years.

The improvement that I would like to see is the Iceni ward reopenedto. This would rpovide recouperation for the elderly in particular, when they leave hospital. We are all desperately fighting to achieve this.

Response from Doddington Community Hospital

Thank you for your comments Wendy and for supporting the hospital as a volunteer. NHS Cambridgeshire, our local Primary Care Trust, will be launching a public consultation in the near future on services provides to South Fenland residents, including those provided from Doddington Community Hospital.

The consultation document will be available from the PCT’s website in due course at www.cambridgeshire.nhs.uk or request a copy from Susan Last, Public Involvement Manager at NHS Cambridgeshire on 01223 884008 or via email to susan.last@cambridgeshire.nhs.uk