"Lack of parental support"

About: Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust / Child and adolescent mental health

My son who is 16 years old and has ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder)/Aspergers was admitted via A&E after taking an OD (not life threatening) and violent and abusive behaviour. After 5 hours, due to a dispute into who was going to do a mental health assessment, either CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services, who he was under) or the crisis team he was admitted to the adult mental health ward, due to no adolescent bed availability.

He remained there for 4 days. He was then transferred to the adolescent unit and the service continued to deteriorate as the support network for parents and family is a disgrace in my opinion. Obviously they have guidelines to follow but I feel the service should encourage collaboration of services and family network not encourage a 16 year old with ASD to be independent.

I would like to say how let down I feel by Lancashire care services and I feel the service is a waste of money.

Response from Sarah Jones

Dear 'es',

We are really sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into this further. So that we can do this, please can you contact Andrew Simpson on 01254 226207.

Update posted by es (a relative)

Thanks for the response. Although there is no point appearing concerned when the contact number is automated and will not allow access to the named person or not even a operator.

Just another disapointment by Lancashire Care Trust.

I would appreciate the contact details of the chief executive or someone who is prepared to listen and give myself and family answers so we can try to get on with our lives.

Response from Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust

Please can you contact Jeff Warburton on 01254 226311 so we can find out more about your issues and concerns.