"Great to be Involved!"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

(as a service user),

I was diagnosed with severe depression & anxiety over a decade ago. I’ve been on various medications and therapies. The treatment and ongoing support I’ve received from all sectors of Nottinghamshire NHS Trust and linked services has, and continues to be excellent. For the past several years I’ve attended some colleges across Nottingham and attended SPAN gaining level two qualifications in Business Administration and IT applications. The Staff and Service Users at SPAN are a true inspiration. They continue to be a life line and support in so many ways as part of my recovery.

During 2009, I was in a very dark place in my life and felt I had to get it back on track by drawing on all my past support networks and therapies. I was listening to Clair Chilvers on local radio talking about Time to Change and Adult Mental Health Services in Notts. I made some enquiries and was pointed in the direction of the The Involvement Centre at Duncan Macmillan House. They are a great team, welcoming and very supportive. My confidence and self esteem has grown and over the past few months. As a volunteer with them I now attend various meetings and conferences about Adult Mental Health. It’s great to be valued as a service user, being part of Nott’s AMH fighting, in a positive way, the stigma around mental health enriching not only my own life, but those who I come in contact with, fellow service users, carers, and a variety of organisations linked in with the Trust. If you want to get involved, visit The Involvement Centre!

Thank you for sharing your story. It is good to hear that you were inspired to contact the Involvement Centre after listening to local radio.

Your story is one of hope for the future that your life can be turned around with good support. I will pass on your story to Clair Chilvers who I am sure will be pleased to hear about your journey and ongoing success.

Response from Involvement Team , Involvement & Experience, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

"I was inspired by your story and so pleased that my radio broadcast led you to our Involvement Centre". Professor Clair Chilvers