"I was treated with superb kindness"

About: North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust Royal Bolton Hospital / Accident and emergency

When I fell outside my house and broke my wrist in September I was transferred by ambulance - which arrived within minutes - to A&E to Royal Bolton Hospital where I was attended to very promptly.

I was seen to by a team of doctors and nurses, and after putting my wrist back in position it was plastered and I was admitted to a ward where I was treated with wonderful kindness.

The following day I was taken for surgery where 2 plates were fitted to repair the bones broken, then taken back to the ward where I was there treated with superb kindness for 7 days before going home. I have absolutely no complaint.

When I went for my check up 6 weeks later I was told, after an x-ray, that one of the plates had come loose. I needed to be readmitted for surgery to remove the loose plate. I was in hospital for 2 days after the successful operation and can only say my treatment could not have been better.

I was then referred to the physio department and was treated with efficiency and pleasantness. As far as I am concerned, the hospital deserves a pat on the back in every way.

Response from NHS Bolton

It’s good to know that you had an excellent service, we will pass your comments on to the teams.

Posted on behalf of the Royal Bolton Hospital