"The power of Rosewood"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

(as a service user),

I have been sectioned. I am on meds and my life, i felt was on the scrapheap, (or so i thought.)

I attended a friday meeting at Rosewood and i shed more than a tear and was blown away by its positivety.

I just HAD to return. When i walked through the door, i wouldn't say boo to a goose, and now i ask many, many questions and give the powers that be some stick!

Deep down in my heart i know that i wouldn't be where i am today without Rosewood and its members. I finally feel part of something and a have STRONG feeling of belonging. To me, that feeling is better than a huge lottery win!

Also i am part of the Rosewood belly dancing troupe named 'The Rosehips'. That has also helped with my confidence massively! I get away with murder and it is such, such fun.

If anyone out there reading this feels like joining a powerful and life changing place, then please do. I'll put the kettle on.

We are so glad to hear that the Rosewood Centre is having such an impact on your life. You have made some very positive steps in your recovery.

It is good to hear that you are confident enough to ask questions about services and challenge'the powers that be'! This is what we want to hear as good service rely on your opinions to make things better.

I hope you will be encouraged to post again in future and keep us informed on your progess.

I will pass on your comments to the Rosewood Centre and the Involvement team. Thank you.