"Could the correct number be given to patients in the future?"

About: Devon Access and Referral Team (DART)

I have been given the number by my GP to call the Devon Access and Referral Team (DART) to make an appointment.

I called again and again, and it was continuously engaged. I called my GP to ckeck that they had given me the correct number and they had.

I called again and there was noise on the line. This is an unsatisfactory service. How is a patient meant to make an appointment?

The number that was given to me is an 0865 number and it should be an 0845 number I think. Could the correct number be given to patients in the future?

Response from Susan Pearce, Project Support Manager, DART (Devon Access & Referral Team), NHS Devon

Dear 'Silver559',

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you've had such a frustrating experience.

Our numbers do all start with 0845 so it sounds like your GP surgery has our number written down incorrectly. I would be very grateful if you could let me know which surgery you are registered with and I can then contact them to let them know the correct number.

In the meantime, our patient helpline number is 01626 883888 - if you have still not been able to book your appointment, please give them a call and they will be able to help you.

Kind regards,